The Tea in Beauty Brands Marketing

Ok so as disappointing as this is.. I will no longer be doing a Youtube video. As I started to film I realized in order to keep it at a reasonable time, I would have to leave out quite a bit of information.

So decided to just talk about here.

I recently did some fairly extensive research on marketing, and how it is used in the beauty community. You'd be very surprised at how much more it involves than meets the eye.

I'm not going to give you guys my entire research paper and say "here read up, but I do believe there are some key points that you, my audience will find intriguing, and theres one way to ensure it gets read. You, my audience, are focused on influencers and social media as a whole, so what better way to get your attention than to make a blog post and publish in to all my social media platforms.

So now that I've got your attention... let's talk. Beauty brands have been changing their marketing strategies for years. As the times change their marketing tactics change with it. But this trend seems as if it's here to stay.

Beauty brands are using influencers to market their products. Because brands and influencers have the same consumer/audience, they are using influencers to increase their popularity amongst the audience. Even though brands already have an established following, the social media aspects that influencers use, makes it so much easier.

So how do they do this? Brands are paying and sending plethora of free products as the new products get released. Typically influencers will make posts review videos circulating around the product. Influencers share their "honest opinions" with their viewer, but how sure can we as consumers be, of their honesty. I mean surely money has so say in their opinions. The oddest part about all this is after analyzing youtube videos and social media posts from 4 different influencers, I was able to see how scary similar the content is. Brands will pay multiple influencers even though they all have generally the same audience, and according to my data, the same content. Influencers posts and speech were so similar it was quiet alarming.

But with that being said I completely understand why brands pay multiple influencers, though all their content is fairly similar, I still have my personal preferences as to which influencers I chose to follow and watch trough the web.

In summation beauty brands use influencers as almost like a mask, in order the get more buys and reach more people, and in turn the influencers get paid. This has to be one of the smartest advertising tactics in a very long time because truly everyone benefits from this arrangement.

With all that being said, if you guys would still like a brief video as an overview, or for the visual purposes, please let me know in the comment section down below this post!

Thank you for reading!
-GABBY

Comments

Popular posts from this blog